Indonesian Woman Gives Birth Onboard Etihad Flight, Plane Diverted to Mumbai
The woman was rushed to the Seven Hills Hospital in Andheri east and is now recuperating with her newborn baby.
Etihad Airways (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ HO/ ETIHAD)
Mumbai: An Indonesian woman delivered a baby onboard an Etihad Airways flight from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta on Wednesday morning, officials said.
Following the medical emergency, the flight was diverted to Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport and the woman was rushed to the Seven Hills Hospital in Andheri east and is now recuperating with her newborn baby.
The flight, EY-474, was delayed by at least two hours against its scheduled arrival of 3.05pm at Jakarta due to the medical emergency, according to an official.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You