Indore Collector Promotes ‘Special Masseurs’ and Gets Praised
The district Collector of Indore has been busy promoting a group of masseurs, a move that is being lauded by locals.
Image for representational purpose only (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ rothivan / Istock)
Indore: The district Collector of Indore has been busy promoting a group of masseurs, a move that is being lauded by locals.
The reason is because the group, called Panchsparsh Visheshgya, are all visually impaired.
These special masseurs are now available for doorstep massage services.
The idea came after the district administration convened an employment fair for the specially-abled. As the fair concluded, several candidates from this disadvantaged section got lucrative jobs with leading companies but unfortunately no jobs were offered to the visually impaired category.
“On this, we decided to hold special training for these candidate as masseurs,” Indore collector P Narahari said.
In coordination with the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, a special training camp was held in presence of experts for the ten candidates for two months.
As experts trained them in five different massages, they are called Panchsparsh Visheshgya. In order to help them further, the district administration has issued a helpline number so that anyone interest in getting a massage could call them.
Armed with some vocational traits, these candidates are delighted. “I was studying in Indore for the last four years and now I have a vocational opportunity to help myself,” said one of the masseurs, Ramesh Parte, whose father is a daily wager in Khargone district.
The initiative is receiving accolades both on and off social media.
Recommended For You
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- BHEL to Set up Solar-Based Electric Vehicle Charging Stations on Delhi-Chandigarh Highway
- We Produced More Pace – Whatmore Basks in Historic Kerala Win
- Propaganda with Films will not Affect the Outcome of Elections: Prakash Jha on Uri, Accidental PM
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s