Indore Man, Who Was Held for Rape & Murder as a Minor, Gets Death Sentence For Similar Crime
The convict, a 22-year-old man from Madhya Pradesh, was sent to an observation home in 2013 for committing the rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl. He was apprehended five years later for murdering a four-year-old.
New Delhi: A POCSO court in Indore sentenced a 22-year-old man to death for murdering a four-and-a-half-year-old girl in 2018. This is the second time that the man had been convicted for the rape and murder of a minor.
Earlier in 2013, the convict, himself a minor at the time, committed the rape and murder of a seven-year-old in Mandsaur. Following the gruesome crime, he had spent three years in an observation home, according to a report in The Indian Express.
After being released, the man moved to Indore where he was living with the family of a man who worked as a civic body staffer, the IE report further mentions. He was asked to leave as he had misbehaved with a woman in the family. He then absconded with the woman's four-year-old daughter.
The minor's body was then found on October 27. An SIT was constituted in the case and the man was apprehended.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Ali Fazal Calls Meeting with Al Pacino 'Best Gift of 2019'
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works