Industrialist Kiran Mazumdar Shaw Awarded Australia's Highest Civilian Honour
Australia's High Commissioner to India Harinder Sidhu inducted Shaw as an Honorary Member within the Order of Australia (AM) in the General Division.
File image of biocon chief Kiran Mazumdar Shaw. (Image: Reuters)
Bengaluru: Industrialist Kiran Mazumdar Shaw was conferred with Australia's the highest civilian honour ‘Order of Australia’ at Bengaluru's Leela Palace on Friday
Australia's High Commissioner to India Harinder Sidhu inducted Shaw as an Honorary Member within the Order of Australia (AM) in the General Division. The people attending the event included guests like Nandan Nilekani, Congressman RV Deshpande and Dr Devi Shetty.
Sidhu talked about Shaw's 'commitment to cancer research, women's issues and also to ensure that Bengaluru is a liveable city.'
Shaw has been given the award for "significant service to advancing Australia's bilateral relationship with India, particularly in promoting commercial and educational links,” said a statement from the Governor General's office.
Shaw, follows Mother Teresa, former Attorney General Soli Sorabjee and cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar to receive Australia's highest civillian honour..
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- Wanderlust? Deepika Padukone has the Perfect Weekend Travel Idea During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Harassed and Beaten, Animal Lovers Desperately Try to Ensure Pets and Strays Survive the Lockdown
- Don't Wish to Work With Any Other Bigg Boss 13 Contestant Apart From Sidharth: Shehnaaz Gill
- From Ajay Thakur to Jitender Kumar: Indian Athletes on Police Duty Amid Coronavirus Lockdown