Infuriated Villagers Attack Woman in UP After Her Son Elopes
The man eloped with a girl of Vilayat Nagar village after which a group of villagers attacked his mother on Friday, injuring her seriously.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was attacked with sharp-edged weapons by a group of people after her son eloped with a girl of his village, police said on Saturday.
Guddu eloped with a girl of Vilayat Nagar village. Infuriated over the incident, a group of villagers attacked his mother on Friday, injuring her seriously.
According to Station House Officer GS Gill, police have registered a case. The injured woman is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- You Can Now Stay in Barbie's Iconic Pink Dream House in Malibu for Just Rs 4,200
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones