Infuriated Villagers Kill Tigress by Running Tractor Over it in UP's Dudhwa
The tigress had fatally attacked a villager, who later succumbed to injuries at a hospital.
Picture for representation.
Lakhimpur Kheri: Angry villagers killed a tigress in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve (DTR) area on Sunday evening by running a tractor over it, after the animal fatally attacked a local resident, officials said.
Devanand (50) was critically injured after being attacked by the tigress at Chaitua village in Pilibhit district. He died during treatment at a district hospital.
Confirming the killing of the animal by the villagers, Mahavir Kaujlagi, deputy field director of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve said, "The carcass of the tigress has been found and appropriate legal action is being taken in the matter, including registration of FIR against the errant villagers".
Ramesh Kumar Pandey, field director of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, also took cognisance of the incident.
He said appropriate action will be taken in the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image