Interpol Issues Red Corner Notice Against Mehul Choksi Who is Holed Up in Antigua
The notice means that any of Interpol’s 192 member countries can arrest or detain Choksi if spotted within their borders, following which the extradition process can begin.
File photo of Mehul Choksi.
New Delhi: After diamantaire Nirav Modi, the Interpol has issued a Red Corner Notice against fugitive industrialist Mehul Choksi, the other accused in the $2 billion PNB scam, who acquired Antiguan citizenship earlier this year.
The Red Corner Notice was issued by the Interpol on the request of the CBI, which is investigating the scam. The notice means that any of Interpol’s 192 member countries can arrest or detain Choksi if spotted within their borders, following which the extradition process can begin.
A similar notice had been issued by Interpol against Nirav Modi, Choksi’s nephew and the main accused in the scam at the state-run Punjab National Bank, in July this year.
Nirav Modi and Choksi are under probe by both the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate. The ED launched the money laundering investigation against Modi and others on February 15 on the basis of an FIR registered by the CBI. Non-bailable warrants have been issued against them.
The Interpol had also issued a Red Corner Notice against Modi’s brother Neeshal and sister Purvi — both Belgian citizens — as well as Mihir Bhansali and Aditya Nanvati, his close associates.
Recommended For You
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- Net Bowler Hit on Head By Warner Shot Receives Signed Australian Jersey
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- All Your Favourite Marvel Superhero Quotes Are on This Fan-made Website
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s