Inverter Battery Explodes Inside Mosque, Panic Ensues in UP Village
There was no casualty as nobody was inside the mosque at the time of the incident.
Gorakhpur: An inverter battery exploded in a village mosque in Uttar Pradesh's Kushinagar district on Monday creating panic in the area, police said.
The incident took place in Bairagi village under Turkpatti Police Station area of Padrauna township of the district, they said.
There was no casualty as nobody was inside the mosque at the time of the incident, Kushinagar Superintendent of Police, Vinod Kumar Mishra said.
The walls and roof of the mosque that was built around four years ago were slightly damaged, the SP added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Housefull 4 to Marjaavaan: Dullest Films of 2019 that Made Us Regret Buying Tickets
- Couple in Tamil Nadu Receives Bouquet of Onions from Friends at Their Wedding
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack
- Reporter Catches Her Ex Cheating through an 'Unusual' Fitbit Activity at 4 AM