Irate Relatives Make BJP Ministers Remove Their Shoes at CRPF Jawan’s Funeral in Meerut
In a video shared widely on social media, a member of the soldier's family can be seen shouting at the leaders, asking them to show some respect.
Union minister Satyapal Singh (right) with BJP leader Vineet Sharda during last rites of martyred soldier Ajay Kumar at his native village in Meerut. (Image: Twitter)
Meerut: Senior BJP ministers were on Tuesday accused of displaying insensitive behaviour while attending the funeral of a CRPF jawan in Meerut.
Union minister Satya Pal Singh, UP minister Sidharth Nath Singh and BJP MP from Meerut Rajendra Agarwal were in Meerut to attend the funeral of CRPF jawan Ajay Kumar, who was killed during an encounter with militants in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama. The BJP trio came under fire from the crowd then they entered the cremation area with their shoes on.
In a video shared widely on social media, a member of the soldier's family can be seen shouting at the leaders, asking them to show some respect. The leaders then apologised with folded hands and removed their shoes, NDTV reported.
Ajay Kumar was among the four army men killed in an encounter with Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists in Pulwama on Monday.
Kumar, 27, was from Bassii Tikri village in Meerut in western Uttar Pradesh.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Burglar Refuses Money from Elderly Woman, Kisses Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring