IRCTC Scam: RJD Chief Lalu Prasad Granted Interim Bail by Delhi Court
The judge granted relief to RJD chief after he was produced before the court through video conference from a Ranchi jail, where he is lodged in another case, as he was unable to come due to health reasons.
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday granted interim bail till January 19 to RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in two Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) scam cases filed by the CBI and the ED.
Special Judge Arun Bharadwaj granted relief to Prasad after he was produced before the court through video conference from a Ranchi jail, where he is lodged in another case, as he was unable to come due to health reasons.
The court directed both the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to file their replies to Prasad's application seeking regular bail in both the cases. The cases relate to alleged irregularities in granting operational contract of two IRCTC hotels to a private firm.
The court had earlier granted regular bail to Prasad's wife Rabri Devi and son Tejashwi Yadav in the CBI case, while they are on interim bail in the ED matter, which was extended till January 19, the next date of hearing.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Horsing Around: Touristy Stallion Rides Bus Back Home after Being Found Wandering on UK Highway
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Bigg Boss 13: Anup Soni Supports Sidharth Shukla, Says He Never Misbehaved on Balika Vadhu Sets
- Good News For WhatsApp Users as Facebook Backs Down on Adverts, But There is a Catch