ISI Agent Arrested in J&K for 'Plotting' Terror Attacks
A police officer said that the suspected ISI agent was gathering information about the establishments of J&K Police, armed forces and army deployment in Kishtwar.
Image for representation.
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir police on Friday arrested a suspected ISI agent who was allegedly planning terror attacks in Kishtwar district, an officer said.
Sehran Sheikh alias Abu Zubair, a resident of Malikpeth area in Kishtwar, was arrested during a raid in the district on charges of working as an agent for the Pakistan spy agency, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), a police officer said.
Sheikh was gathering information about the establishments of J&K Police, armed forces and army deployment in Kishtwar. He had come in contact with a Pakistan-based militant group, Harkat-ul-Mujahideen (HuM), the officer said.
The aim of gathering the information about the security establishments was to plan terrorist attacks, the officer said, adding that there were inputs that the banned organisation was using agents to carry out terror attacks in the district.
According to the officer, the accused had confessed to his involvement. The police have found that many videos, including on the paramilitary forces' establishments, have been exchanged on Pakistan numbers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android