IT Professional Kills Wife Suffering from Mental Ailment in Pune, Commits Suicide Later
Around 4 am on Wednesday, the man sent a message on his brother's mobile phone that he and his wife were ending their lives, police said.
Pune: A 45-year-old IT professional allegedly bludgeoned his wife to death, who was suffering from a mental ailment, and later committed suicide in Maharashtra's
Pune district, police said on Thursday.
A 'note' was found at the spot in which the man purportedly stated he was taking the step as he was not able to see the pain of his wife, whom he loved very much, a senior police official said.
"As per the information, Ganesh Late killed his wife Vrushali Late by hitting her with a hammer and later committed suicide by hanging himself from a hook on the ceiling of their house in Pimpri Chinchwad's Ravet area on Wednesday," he said.
Around 4 am on Wednesday, the man sent a message on his brother's mobile phone that he and his wife were ending their lives.
"The deceased's brother tried to call him but he did not answer. When the brother reached their home in the morning and broke open its door, he found Ganesh Late hanging from the ceiling and his wife's body lying on the floor," he said.
"We have registered a case and an investigation is underway," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year