Jaipur Woman Succumbs Day After Self-immolation Bid Seeking Rape Accused's Arrest
The woman, aged around 36, had lodged an FIR with the Vaishali nagar police station on June 5, alleging that Ravindra Singh had raped her in 2015.
Image for representation only.
Jaipur: A woman, who attempted self-immolation at a police station premises demanding arrest of her husband's relative for allegedly raping her, succumbed to her injuries at a hospital here on Monday, an officer said.
The woman, aged around 36, had lodged an FIR with the Vaishali Nagar police station on June 5, alleging that Ravindra Singh had raped her in 2015. The accused was not arrested and the woman was demanding his arrest.
She reached the police station on Sunday with her son, poured some inflammable liquid and set herself on fire near its main gate. She was admitted to the SMS hospital with nearly 60 per cent burn injuries.
"The woman died in the morning during treatment," police said.
Assistant Deputy Commissioner of Police Rai Singh Beniwal said the rape case was being investigated, but there were "no adequate evidences" to arrest the accused so far.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2