Arun Jaitley Suffers Minor Mishap While Boarding Helicopter in Haridwar
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley suffered a minor accident while stepping on to a helicopter in Haridwar on Sunday morning. After administering first aid, he was flown back to Delhi.
File photo of Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley . (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley suffered a minor accident while stepping on to a helicopter in Haridwar on Sunday morning. After administering first aid, he was flown back to Delhi.
The FM was in Haridwar to attend a function at Padartha in Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Food and Herbal Park. He was about to grip the handrails to get into the helicopter when his hands slipped and he fell down.
Jaitley is scheduled to take part in the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting later during the day, which will take important calls on the appointment of Chief Ministers of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, which the party has won by huge margins.
The parliamentary board meeting, which is slated for 6 pm, is also expected to take a call on Manohar Parrikar’s appointment as Goa’s Chief Minister after the BJP got a fractured mandate there. Key decisions on Manipur, where again the party will need to stitch together an alliance to come to power, is also supposed to be taken in the Parliamentary Board Meeting whose key member is Jaitley.
Recommended For You
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight
- Ranveer Singh's Father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani Welcomes Deepika Padukone in True Filmy Style
- PUBG Arrives on PlayStation 4 on December 7; Have You Pre-Ordered The Game Yet?
- India Gets Olympic Warning After Kosovo Boxer Denied Visa
- Facebook Suggests The Switch to Android From iPhones Was Purely on Merit, Not a Tiff With Tim Cook