Jamia Millia Islamia Student Commits Suicide in Southeast Delhi, Probe Underway
The victim has been identified as Irfan BK, a first-year student, who was pursuing Master of Arts (Psychology) at the university. He reportedly hailed from Kerala.
New Delhi: A 22-year-old student of the Jamia Millia Islamia allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his rented accommodation in Southeast Delhi's Okhla Vihar on Monday, police said.
The victim has been identified as Irfan BK, a first-year student, who was pursuing Master of Arts (Psychology) at the university. He hailed from Kerala, they said.
He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said, adding a probe is underway to ascertain the reason.
A varsity official said, "He was a first year student and had enrolled as a student in July. He belonged to Kerala."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile 0.16.0 Beta Update: Death Race Mode, TPP to FPP Switch, and More
- In Pics: Freida Pinto Announces Engagement to Photographer Cory Tran, Says All Makes Sense Now
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1