Jamia VC Meets Student Who Lost Partial Vision After Police Crackdown in Varsity's Library
A statement said that Najma Akhtar met Mohammad Minhajuddin and the father of Ajaz, a university student who was also injured in protests on the same day.
The student who lost vision in his left eye in the violence at Jamia Millia Islamia.
New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia vice-chancellor Najma Akhtar on Monday met a student who lost vision in his eye allegedly in police action at the university library on December 15.
A statement said that Akhtar met Mohammad Minhajuddin and the father of Ajaz, a university student who was also injured in protests on the same day.
The police had entered the university that day in search of 'outsiders' who had entered campus.
On December 19, Akhtar had held a video conference with the injured students and had assured them of all possible help from the varsity.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Want Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web Also? Here's How to Enable it on Chrome, Firefox And Opera
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears
- OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T Get OxygenOS 10.3.1 Update With Bug Fixes, December Security Patch
- Kids Have This Really Cool Trick With Apple AirPods to Talk Without Actually Speaking