Jammu & Kashmir ACB Launches Probe into Illegal Sale, Construction of EWS Flats
The inquiry was ordered on a complaint that the builder for 'SAFA Valley flats' had encroached upon the state land including that of the Jammu Development Authority to build some EWS accommodations, said an ACB official.
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Anti-Corruption Bureau has launched a probe into the allegations of illegal sale and constructions of flats for Economically Weaker Sections at Sunjwan near here, an official said Friday.
The inquiry was ordered on a complaint that the builder for 'SAFA Valley flats' had encroached upon the state land including that of the Jammu Development Authority to build some EWS accommodations, said an ACB spokesperson.
The builder allegedly encroached upon the government land to build flats in collusion with some government officials, he added. The builder is also alleged to have sold some EWS flats to people not entitled to buy them, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser