Jammu-Srinagar Highway, a Major Road in J&K Closed Due to Landslide
The 270-km highway, the only all-weather road linking Kashmir with rest of the country, was closed by a landslide triggered during widening of the road near the first bridge in Ramban district on Thursday night, officials said.
Landslide clearing operation going on in Jammu-Srinagar highway. (Pic: Twitter ANI)
Jammu: Over 1,300 vehicles were left stranded as the Jammu-Srinagar national highway was closed for traffic since last night due to a landslide in Ramban district, officials said on Friday.
The 270-km highway, the only all-weather road linking Kashmir with rest of the country, was closed by a landslide triggered during widening of the road near the first bridge in Ramban district on Thursday night, they said.
As a result, heavy motor vehicles (HMVs) and Light motor vehicles (LMVs) among others were left stranded at different points of the highway, they said.
Men and machinery have been deployed to clear the area, they added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Amitabh Bachchan Tries to Hold Back Tears While Reciting His Father’s Poem
- Kerala Police Uses Ravi Shastri's 'Tracer Bullet' Commentary to Remind They Are Watching You
- OnePlus 8 Pro Wireless Charging Feature Confirmed, 30W Wireless Charger Leaks
- WATCH: Indigo Pilot Makes Heartfelt Video for Aviation Industry Struggling Due to COVID-19 Lockdown
- Sony PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller With Adaptive Triggers is Here