JDU Suspends MLC Manorama After Son's Arrest in Road Rage Murder
Janata Dal United MLC Manorama Devi on Monday claimed that her son Rocky Kumar Yadav who has been accused of killing Aditya Sachdeva is not hiding and he should be punished if he is guilty of committing the crime.
Janata Dal United (JDU) MLC Manorama Devi was suspended from the party on Tuesday, hours after the arrest of her son Rakesh Ranjan Yadav alias Rocky Yadav for allegedly shooting dead a young man in a road rage incident.
24-year-old Rocky, who was arrested by the police early in the morning from his father's mixer plant after he was absconding for three days, was sent to judicial custody for two weeks by a Gaya court.
Manorama had been claiming that her son was not hiding and that he should be punished if found guilty. Police claimed they also recovered a Bretta pistol used in the crime.
Rocky is accused of shooting dead Aditya Sachdeva in a fit of road rage after the 19-year-old overtook the car driven by the MLC's son.
Though police claimed Rocky admitted to the crime, house later in front of media persons he pleaded innocence.
"I was in Delhi...when my mother called me I came and presented myself before the SSP... I did not open fire," Rocky told reporters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android