‘Jealous’ of His Friend Travelling Abroad, Student Sends Bomb Threat to Hyderabad Airport, Arrested
After receiving the mail, airport authorities informed the police who, in turn, conducted a careful examination along with officials of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
File photo of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
Hyderabad: A 24-year old M.Tech student was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly sending an email threatening to blow up the Hyderabad international airport, police said.
K Shashikanth sent the mail on Tuesday to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport's customer support out of jealousy to prevent his childhood friend, Sairam Kaleru, from leaving for Canada for higher studies, said the police. Officers added that the email was sent using Sairam's account.
"I want to blast bomb in airport tomorrow," the accused said in the mail sent to the airport's website under the "contact us" column, a police release said.
After receiving the mail, airport authorities informed the police who, in turn, conducted a careful examination on Tuesday along with officials of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security. Later, the officials declared the information as a hoax.
Shashikanth had earlier tried to get his friend's visa cancelled by sending fake mails to Canadian authorities, the release said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Cruelest Twist of Fate': Man Drowns While Proposing to His Girlfriend Underwater
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video