JeM Militant Killed in Encounter at Jammu and Kashmir's Uri Sector
The encounter happened on Saturday morning between militants, and the Rashtriya Rifles and State Police, in Uri's Boniyar area.
Image for representation.
Srinagar: A Pakistani militant of Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) outfit was killed on Saturday in a gunfight with the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla district.
The militant, identified as Luqman, was killed in the encounter in Boniyar area of Uri sector in Baramulla district.
An encounter had started in the morning between militants and the Rashtriya Rifles troopers and special operations group of state police, police sources said.
"Searches are still going on in the area although firing exchanges have stopped now," police sources said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues
- Ashes 2019: Ponting Advises Warner to Take Aggressive Route Against Broad