JeM Terrorist Gunned Down by Security Forces in J&K's Pulwama
The police spokesman said security personnel conducting the search operation were fired upon by the terrorist, leading to a brief exchange of gunfire.
Representative image. (Photo PTI)
Srinagar: A Pakistani-origin terrorist belonging to the Jaish-e Mohammed (JeM) was killed on Sunday in a brief exchange of fire with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, police said.
"On a credible input about the presence of terrorists, a search operation was launched jointly by police and security forces at the Bathien area of Khrew in Awantipora," a police spokesman said.
He said security personnel conducting the search operation were fired upon by the terrorist, leading to a brief exchange of gunfire.
"Consequently, one terrorist was killed. Incriminating materials, including an AK 47 rifle and magazines, were recovered from him," the spokesman said.
He said it was learnt from the recovered materials that the slain terrorist was a Pakistani national code-named "Waseem" and that he was affiliated to the JeM.
Police have registered a case in this regard and area is being searched, the official added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- Non-Veg Onions? Union Minister's Bizarre Excuse for Not Knowing Price of the Vegetable
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Breaks Down After Ugly Fight with Asim Riaz
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details