JeM Terrorist Killed in Encounter in J&K's Kupwara
The slain terrorist was identified as a Pakistani national, known as Anwar, who was affiliated to the JeM, a police official said.
Image for representation only.
Srinagar: A Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terrorist from Pakistan was killed in an encounter with security forces in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, police said.
Security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation in the Kralgund area of Handwara in the north Kashmir district late Wednesday night following information about the presence of some terrorists in the area, a police official said.
He said the cordon was maintained during the night and contact was established with them in the morning after the forces zeroed in on the location.
There was an exchange of firing between the two sides, in which one terrorist was killed, the official said.
He said the slain terrorist was identified as a Pakistani national, known as Anwar, who was affiliated to the JeM.
Incriminating materials, including arms and ammunition, were recovered from the site of the encounter, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana