Jharkhand Cabinet Expansion Postponed on CM Hemant Soren's Plea: Raj Bhavan
Hemant Soren called on Governor Droupadi Murmu and urged her to postpone Friday's programme as his mind is 'grief-stricken' at the killing of seven villagers at Burugulikera by 'Pathalgarhi' movement supporters.
File photo of JMM leader and Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren.
Ranchi: The expansion of the Hemant Soren ministry slated for Friday has been postponed following a request of the chief minister, Raj Bhavan sources said here on Thursday.
"The cabinet expansion has been postponed on the request of the chief minister. A new date has not been set as the CM has to recommend another date," they said.
Soren called on Governor Droupadi Murmu and urged her to postpone Friday's programme as his mind is "grief-stricken" at the killing of seven villagers at Burugulikera by "Pathalgarhi" movement supporters.
Supporters of the movement, armed with lathis and axes, kidnapped seven villagers and later killed them in West Singhbhum district of Jharkhand for allegedly opposing their stir, police said on Wednesday.
Pathalgarhi is a name given to a tribal protest which seeks autonomy for village sabhas (Gramsabhas). Those demanding Pathalgarhi want no laws of the land be applicable on the tribal people in the area. The Pathalgarhis reject government rights over their forests and rivers.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Maanvi Gagroo Says A Web Show Producer Asked Her To 'Compromise' For Bigger Budget
- Amitabh Bachchan Misses Wife Jaya on Her Birthday as She is Stuck in Delhi
- Shweta Bachchan’s Birthday Post for Mom Makes Her Target of Abhishek, Navya Naveli’s Jokes
- Watch: This Insta-Popular Dog Playing Volleyball with Humans is Breaking the Internet
- Mobile Internet And Home Broadband Speeds Are Falling in India: Ookla Speedtest Global Index