Jharkhand Court Convicts Man for Raping Minor Girl in Ramgarh
Additional District Judge Sanjay Prasad Singh, on Saturday convicted Ranglal Mahato under the POCSO Act.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Ramgarh: A Jharkhand court has convicted a 25-year-old man for raping a 16-year-old girl two years ago in Ramgarh district of the state.
Additional District Judge (1), Sanjay Prasad Singh, on Saturday convicted Ranglal Mahato under the POCSO Act.
The court will pronounce the quantum of sentence on December 7, Additional Public Prosecutor SK Shukla said on Sunday.
According to the FIR lodged by the victim's family, Mahato had raped the girl when she went to take a bath in a river at Barlanga village on September 28, 2017. The prosecution has examined 11 witnesses.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Many People Said 'Shaadi Ke Baad Kuch Nahi Hoga' But I Challenged the Perception: Kareena Kapoor
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Virat Kohli Dedicates India's T20I Win to Anushka Sharma, Says It's Special Wedding Anniversary Gift
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders