Jharkhand Court Sentences Man to 10-years in Jail for Raping Minor Two Years Ago
Additional District Judge convicted Ranglal Mahto under the Special Pocso Act on November 30 for raping the girl and imposed a fine of Rs 20,000.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Ramgarh: A local court in Jharkhand has sentenced a 25-year-old man to 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping a 16-year-old girl in Ramgarh district two years ago.
Additional District Judge Sanjay Prasad Singh had convicted Ranglal Mahto under the Special Pocso Act on November 30 for raping the girl, Additional Public Prosecutor, SK Shukla said.
The judge imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Mahto while announcing the quantum of punishment on Saturday.
According to the prosecution an FIR was registered against Mahato by the girl's family for raping her when she had gone to take a bath in the river at Barlanga village on September 28, 2017.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled for Grammy Dress, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Defends Her
- Cardi B Looks Like Nemesis Nicki Minaj After Surgery, Feel Trolls
- Journey to the Sun: New NASA-ESA Mission to Peek at Sun's Poles for the First Time
- Australian Open: Federer Gets Warned for Obscene Language During Quarter-final vs Sandgren
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet