Jharkhand Man Hacks Grandmother to Death on Suspicion That She Was a 'Witch'
Vijay confessed that he hacked his grandmother to death with an axe as a 'witch doctor' told him that his wife was not keeping well for the past several months as his grandmother was a 'witch', the officer claimed.
Chaibasa: A tribal man allegedly hacked his grandmother to death on the suspicion that she was a 'witch' in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
The officer-in-charge of Majhgaon Police Station, Akeel Ahmed, said the accused identified as Vijay Birua hacked his grandmother Nanik Birua to death on Monday night at Balibandh Munda Tola village in the district.
Vijay was arrested on Tuesday and the body was sent for post-mortem examination, the OC said.
During interrogation Vijay confessed that he hacked his grandmother to death with an axe as a 'witch doctor' told him that his wife was not keeping well for the past several months as his grandmother was a 'witch', the officer claimed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is 'Much Better' But Still in Hospital
- WhatsApp Insists No Users Have Been Impacted by The Malicious Video Files Threat
- 5-Year-Old Claimed to Become 'Spider Man' after Trying Heroin, Takes It to School
- Taylor Swift's Former Label Allows Her to Perform Old Music After Backlash From Public
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey