Jharkhand Man Lynched for Raping 9-year-old Niece as Grand-mom Slept in Next Room
Taluka Purty, the victim's paternal uncle, raped her in one room of the house on Friday night. The girl's grand-mother was in another room when the incident happened.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Jamshedpur: A 21-year-old man was beaten to death by villagers in West Singhbhum district after he allegedly raped his 9-year-old niece, police said.
Taluka Purty, the victim's paternal uncle, raped her in one room of the house on Friday night at Karlajori village under Muffassil police station area. The girl's grand-mother was in another room when the incident happened, police said.
The villagers reached the spot on hearing the scream of the victim, caught hold of the accused and beat him up. Purty was later taken to a hospital in Chaibasa where he succumbed to his injuries on Saturday afternoon, police said. The girl was sent for medical examination.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies