Jharkhand Mukti Vahini to hold Jal Satyagraha against displacement
Activists of a NGO "Jharkhand Mukti Vahini" (JMV), an organization spearheading movement against displacement, has, staged day-long "Jal Satyagraha" in Dimna lake, on the outskirts of the steel city, in support of their demand for proper rehabilitation and compensation to the affected families, on Monday.Over 100 activists of JMV staged the 'jal satyagraha' (agitation under water) in the lake for over seven hours in support of their demand, which also included construction of a high school and a dispensary for the affected villagers following the construction of a dam by a private steel major over five decades ago, said JMV Convenor Arvind Anjum. The activists would again stage the 'Jal Stayagraha' on Tuesday to mount pressure on the Jharkhand government as well as the private steel major to heed to our demand, he said and warned that the activists would left with no option but to court arrest on October two, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Workers to go on Strike in Germany; Demand Better Working Conditions
- It's Katrina Kaif' Birthday! Here's a Glimpse Of Her Steamy Instagram Game
- Tracking Death By WhatsApp: How Over 30 Lives Have Been Lost So Far
- OnePlus 6 Red Officially Goes on Sale on Amazon, OnePlus Website Today
- Hrithik Bonds With Sons Hrehaan & Hridaan As They Enjoy Adventurous Vacation in Switzerland, See Pics