J&K Court Awards Six-month Imprisonment to Liquor Smuggler in Reasi District
The smuggler, who was later identified as Mohd Afzal, was also fined Rs. 4,000 by the court of Jammu and Kashmir for his crimes committed back in February 2018.
Representative Image.(Image: Reuters)
Jammu: A court in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday awarded six-month imprisonment to a man for smuggling liquor in Reasi district.
The additional special mobile magistrate of Reasi also imposed a fine of Rs 4,000 on the accused, Mohd Afzal, for committing the crime in 2018. The accused shall serve sentence at the District Jail Udhampur.
According to the case, Afzal was intercepted by a police team at IRP Chowk in Reasi city after a brief chase on February 18, 2018, officials said. During his personal search, a huge quantity of liquor was seized from his possession, they said.
A case was registered against the accused in the Reasi Police Station and a charge-sheet was presented in the court after the investigation was done, the officials added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Bigg Boss 13: Fans Love Shehnaz Gill, Rashami Desai Singing Illegal Weapon, Watch Video
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 119 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Shefali Jariwala, Sidharth Shukla Wins Elite Membership
- Australian Open 2020 Rafael Nadal vs Nick Kyrgios LIVE Score and Updates: Nadal Beats Kyrgios in 4 Sets, Through to Quarters
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked