- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
J&K Highway Reopened for Traffic A Day After Landslide in Ramban District
Over 4,500 vehicles were stranded at various places due to the closure of the highway. The stranded vehicles will be cleared first and then fresh traffic will be allowed.
File photo of Jammu-Srinagar highway. (Image: PTI)
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar national highway was reopened for traffic on Wednesday after remaining closed for a day following a landslide in Ramban district, which had left over 4,500 vehicles stranded, officials said.
The highway has been thrown open for traffic after the debris at Chanderkote was cleared, officials of the Traffic Control Room said.
They said over 4,500 vehicles were stranded at various places due to the closure of the highway. The stranded vehicles will be cleared first and then fresh traffic will be allowed, they said.
The traffic has been allowed from Srinagar to Jammu on Wednesday, they added. Earlier, IG Traffic J-K Alok Kumar said a landslide spot has been cleared at Ramban district and stranded vehicles would be allowed to move towards Jammu.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Trailers This Week: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, To All The Boys 2 Prep Audience for Valentine's Month
- Australian Open 2020, Federer vs Fucsovics, Live Score and Updates: Federer Loses 1st Set
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- 'I Massage My Face with Sweat': PM Modi Reveals the Secret Behind His 'Glowing' Skin