J&K Police Officer Killed After His Car Falls into Gorge in Doda
The police officer lost control over the vehicle which fell into the gorge near Doda town, leaving him critically injured, an official said.
Bhadarwah/Jammu: An Assistant Sub-Inspector of Jammu and Kashmir police was killed on Tuesday when his car skidded off the road and fell into a 350-foot gorge in Doda district, police said.
The accident took place when ASI Niaz Ahmad (55), a resident of Beoli village, was on his way to Doda town, they said.
He was posted at police post Dessa.
The officer lost control over the vehicle which fell into the gorge near Doda town, leaving him critically injured, an official said.
The locals took him to a hospital where the doctors declared him brought dead, the official said.
The body has been handed over to the family after completion of legal formalities, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Party of Four on the Way: Lisa Haydon Announces Second Pregnancy with Adorable Post
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Here's Why Chris 'Thor' Hemsworth Wished Shamita Shetty on Her Birthday
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues