JKLF Chairman Yasin Malik Detained in Kashmir
The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik was on Sunday detained in south Kashmir's Shopian district due to apprehension of breach of peace.
File photo of Yasin Malik. (Image: Reuters)
Srinagar: The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik was on Sunday detained in south Kashmir's Shopian district due to apprehension of breach of peace.
Malik, along with Noor Muhammad Kalwal, the zonal president of his outfit, was detained by the security forces at Reban in Shopian this morning, a police official said.
A JKLF spokesman, while condemning their detention, said the outfit's chief had gone to Reban to meet the family of jailed leader Sarjan Barkati.
The spokesman said the duo have been taken to some unknown location.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India