JKLF Chief Yasin Malik Arrested in Srinagar
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
A TV grab of JKLF Chief Yasin Malik.
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
Malik, along with a group of JKLF activists, started a protest march from Maisuma area to city centre Lal Chowk after Friday prayers when police intervened and took Malik and around a dozen of his supporters into preventive custody.
Sources in the JKLF said the march was intended to mount pressure on the government to release political prisoners in Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: The Echo Show 5 Goes on Sale For Rs 5,399 And This May be Its Lowest Price Ever
- Tom Holland's Spider-Man Far From Home Earns Rs 73.16 Crores in 11 Days
- 'I Should Be Allowed To Play Any Person': Scarlett Johansson Trolled After Comments on 'Casting'
- World Cup Final | Brutal for Kiwis to be Called Vanquished Without Being Beaten…Twice
- Shaw in Race Against Time to Get Fit For West Indies Tour