Senior Journalist KJ Singh, Mother Found Dead in Mohali Home; Double Murder Suspected
KJ Singh was a well-known journalist in Chandigarh, serving as News Editor at The Indian Express.
File photo of KJ Singh.
Singh was a well-known journalist in Chandigarh, serving as News Editor at The Indian Express. He had also worked at senior positions at The Times of India and The Tribune in Chandigarh.
Police investigation was underway at his residence in Phase 3, B2 in Mohali. The Punjab Police has set up a Special Investigative Team (SIT) under the Inspector General (Crime) to probe the case.
Singh's throat had been slit while his mother Gurcharan Kaur was suspected to have been strangled at their Phase 3B2 home, said an official spokesman of the Chief Minister's Office.
"There was injury marks on their necks," Mohali Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Alam Vijay Singh said.
Condemning the “murder”, former deputy chief minister of Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal urged authorities to “nab the culprits immediately”.
Just heard senior journalist KJ Singh has been murdered along with his mother.Condemn this killing and urge authorities to nab culprits imm.— Sukhbir Singh Badal (@officeofssbadal) September 23, 2017
I condemn ghastly murder of senior journalist KJ Singh and his mother at Mohali. Urge police to nab perpetrators imm.— Sukhbir Singh Badal (@officeofssbadal) September 23, 2017
The media fraternity in Punjab, Haryana and the Union Territory of Chandigarh strongly condemned the alleged killings and sought speedy arrests.
Recommended For You
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: JK Rowling Prepares Fans for the Great War to Come
- Thugs of Hindostan Box Office: Aamir Khan Tastes Failure After a Long Time
- India Gets Olympic Warning After Kosovo Boxer Denied Visa
- Facebook Suggests The Switch to Android From iPhones Was Purely on Merit, Not a Tiff With Tim Cook