‘Just Platitudes and Slogans’: Sitaram Yechury Says Union Budget 2020 Won’t End People’s Misery, Joblessness
Reacting to the Budget presented by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury said that it did nothing to alleviate 'people's miseries'.
File photo of CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury.
New Delhi: Slamming the Union Budget, the CPI(M) on Friday said that it consisted of just "platitudes" and did not address the problems faced by the people.
Reacting to the Budget presented by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury said that it did nothing to alleviate "people's miseries".
"Just platitudes & slogans. Nothing substantial to alleviate peoples' misery, the growing unemployment, rural wage crash, farmers' distress suicides and galloping prices," he tweeted.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Wanderlust? Deepika Padukone has the Perfect Weekend Travel Idea During Coronavirus Lockdown
- After Ramayan and Mahabharat, 5 Iconic DD National Shows that Deserve Re-run
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Circus' to Return to Doordarshan After Ramayana and Mahabharat
- Keep Calm and Watch Ramayan: Memes and Nostalgia Breaking the Internet After Episode 1
- Microsoft Xbox Series X Code Stolen in Cyber Attack on AMD, Reveals Company