Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel Takes Oath as Chief Justice of Delhi HC
The Supreme Court Collegium had recommended his name for the appointment as Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel (C) with Lt.-Gov of Delhi Anil Baijal (L) and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal after the oath taking ceremony of Justice Patel as Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, at Raj Niwas, New Delhi. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel was sworn in as Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court Friday.
Lt Governor Anil Baijal administered the oath of office to Justice Patel at a function held at Raj Niwas here. Earlier, Justice Patel was posted at the Jharkhand High Court.
The Supreme Court Collegium had recommended his name for the appointment as Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, his deputy Manish Sisodia and cabinet colleagues, senior members of the judiciary, officers of the Delhi government and other officials were present at the ceremony.
With an approved strength of 60, the Delhi High Court has a shortage of around 24 judges.
Recommended For You
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- Karthik, Chahal and Shankar Visit Manchester United
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- Ola Cab Driver's Gesture after a Passenger Lost his Wallet in the Cab is Heartwarming
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s