Kailash Satyarthi's House Burgled; Nobel Prize Replica, Jewellery Stolen
Child Activist Kailash Satyarthi’s Nobel Prize replica along with other valuable items including jewellery went missing from his South Delhi house.
New Delhi: Child rights activist Kailash Satyarthi's South Delhi house was burgled on Monday evening and thieves made away with his Nobel Prize replica along with other valuable items including some jewellery, Police said on Tuesday.
Satyarthi who resides in Alaknanda apartment is currently in Panama when the incident happened, police added.
Police said they received a call about the alleged theft of the citation and teams are at the spot to get details of the items stolen.
The matter was first reported to the police by a man who collects laundry after he found the door open and no one responded to his repeated calls.
A complaint has been lodged and investigations are underway.
On March 25, 2004, Rabindra Nath Tagore's Nobel medallion and 47 other memorabilia including his gold watch went missing from Uttarayan complex of Visva Bharati University in Shantiniketan.
Tagore had received the Nobel Prize in 1931 for literature.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- YouTube's 'Chill' Response to the Most Disliked Video Gets a Thumbs Down From Fans
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- Top 5 Android Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 From Honor, Realme, Xiaomi And More to Buy This Christmas
- Bhangra at the Border: Indian and Chinese Armies Face Off On the Playing Field and Dance Floor
- Flipkart Honor Days Sale: Discounts on Honor 10, Honor 9 Lite, Honor 9N And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s