Kamal Haasan Slams PETA Over Its Opposition to Jallikattu
Veteran star Kamal Haasan on Sunday said that animal rights advocacy group PETA was not 'qualified' to tackle Indian bulls and he asked it to train its guns against "bull riding rodeos in Mr (Donald) Trump's US.
File photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: After top Tamil film actors Suriya and Vijay, veteran star Kamal Haasan on Sunday slammed animal rights advocacy group PETA over its opposition to jallikattu, saying it was not 'qualified' to tackle Indian bulls and asked it to train its guns against "bull riding rodeos in Mr (Donald) Trump's US."
"PETA go ban bull riding rodeos in Mr Trump's US You're not qualified to tackle our bulls," he said in a tweet. Haasan, who had on Saturday heaped encomiums on students for the ongoing protests, also said that "people at long last are getting a taste of true democracy."
"People at long last are getting a taste of true democracy. Gone are the days of leaders. We need humble pathfinders and social reformers," he said without elaborating.
Suriya and Vijay have supported the protest by the students and lashed out at PETA for opposing the bull taming sport.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath Grand Reception: Watch Daler Mehendi Making Celebs Burn the Dance Floor
- Bigg Boss 12: Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan Spread Joy in Chaotic Weekend Ka Vaar
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- Laxman's 281 in Eden Test Saved My Career: Ganguly
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s