Kamal Nath's Nephew Ratul Puri Threatening Witnesses in Chopper Scam Case, ED Tells Court
Seeking his custodial interrogation, the Enforcement Directorate made the claim before special judge Arvind Kumar during the hearing of anticipatory bail application filed by Puri.
File photo of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath.
New Delhi: Ratul Puri, nephew of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath, is threatening witnesses in a money laundering case related to the AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) told a Delhi court on Wednesday.
Seeking his custodial interrogation, the ED made the claim before special judge Arvind Kumar during the hearing of anticipatory bail application filed by Puri.
The court extended Puri's interim protection from arrest till Thursday after the arguments on the application remained inconclusive.
"Puri is threatening the witnesses. People are scared of him. There are various witnesses who allege Puri is pressurising them," the agency told the court.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Neetu Kapoor on Rishi Kapoor's Cancer Treatment in New York: 'He Became Like My Child'
- The Royal Enfield Twin Endurance Render Puts All The Right Ideas Into Our Heads
- Erica Fernandes, Parth Samthaan Vacationing in Maldives
- Deepika Padukone's Candid Pic with Fan Leads to 'Who is Dressed Better' Question
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel