Kanpur Train Accident Fallout: Four Trains Cancelled, 14 Diverted
The Indian Railways on Sunday cancelled four trains and diverted 14 others following the derailment of Indore-Patna Express in Pukhrayan in Kanpur rural area in which over 115 people were killed and more than 200 injured.
Rescue and relief works in progress after the Indore-Patna express derailed near Kanpur Dehat on Sunday morning. (PTI Photo)
Allahabad: The Indian Railways on Sunday cancelled four trains and diverted 14 others following the derailment of Indore-Patna Express in Pukhrayan in Kanpur rural area in which over 115 people were killed and more than 200 injured.
Jhansi-Lucknow Intercity (11110, 11109), Jhansi-Kanpur passenger (51804, 51803) were cancelled due to the tragedy, an official release from North Central Railway division said.
While 14 trains, Lucknow-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (12108), Varanasi-Ahmedabad Sabarmati Express (19168), Gorakhpur- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Kushinagar Express (11015, 11016), Kolkata-Jhansi (11105), Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus-Lucknow Pushpak Express (12534), Gwalior-Barauni Mail (11124, 11123), it said.
Also, Lucknow-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Express (12108), Gorakhpur-Yashwantpur Express (15015), Lokmanya Tilak Terminus-Gorakhpur Express (12542), Bhopal-Lucknow Express (12594), Lokmanya Tilak Terminus-Pratapgarh Express (12173), Lokmanya Tilak Terminus-Sultanpur Express (12143) have also been diverted.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Look Happy and Radiant in These Wedding Pictures: See Here
- Disheartened by Thugs of Hindostan’s Poor Box Office Run, Exhibitors Demand Refund
- Twitter Boss Jack Dorsey's 'Smash Brahmanical Patriarchy' Placard Ticks Off Twitterati
- The Big Instagram Purge Begins Against Fake Engagement, But Will You be Impacted by The Changes?
- Ganesh Acharya Responds to Tanushree Dutta’s Allegations, Says She is Doing This to Hide Her Faults