Bellary: A fire broke out in a pulses and spices godown in an industrial area in Bellary in the wee hours on Sunday.
Electric short circuit was stated be the cause of the fire that broke out in the godown belonging to the firm Sai Balaji Cold Storage India Limited, fire force officials said.
"Six fire tenders are still engaged in the putting out the fire that will take another four hours to be extinguished completely as the smoke caused by the burning of spices like red chillies is making it a difficult task", officials said.
Over 1.20 lakh quintals of pulses and spices worth about Rs two crore have been gutted the fire, Range Fire Officer MN Narasimhamurthy said.
About 600 farmers from Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh who had stored their pulses in the godown have incurred loss because of the fire, he said.