Karnataka panel names 11,000 people and agencies as lake encroachers
Bengaluru: The Karnakata legislative committee has identified over 11,000 people or companies who have encroached Bengaluru's lakes.
The list of encroachers is shocking as it includes top builders, politicians and even government agencies like Bengaluru Development Authority and BBMP.
Eviction notices have been sent to the builders and they have been asked to respond till January 30.
According to the committee, at least 20% of lake areas in Bengaluru have been encroached upon.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Moon is Glowing Brighter than Sun in NASA's Fermi Gamma-Ray Images