Karnataka’s Suttur Mutt Seer Among 4 Injured in Freak Nitrogen Balloon Blast
The blast occurred during the inaugural ceremony of a wrestling tournament organised at Suttur district in Mysuru.
The baboons burst when the flames of sports torch accidentally touched them.
Mysuru: At least four persons, including Suttur Mutt seer Shivaratri Deshikendra Swami and MLC Marithibbegowda, were injured when a bunch of nitrogen balloons burst over their head on Tuesday afternoon.
The freak accident took place during the inaugural ceremony of a wrestling tournament organised at Suttur, which is located on the banks of river Kapila in Nanjangud taluk in Mysuru.
The baboons, which were part of the decorations at the venue, caused a blast after the flames of sports torch accidentally touched them.
Suttur Mutt is a powerful Mutt in the region as it wields tremendous influence over the Lingayat-Veerashaiva community.
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Suttur and are currently under observation.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal