Kashmir Witnesses Fresh Snowfall, Parts of Valley Including Srinagar Receives Heavy Rainfall
Officials said that the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir's Baramulla district recorded about four inches of fresh snowfall during the night.
A taxi owner removes snow from his vehicle during season's first heavy snowfall, in Srinagar. (Image: PTI)
Srinagar: The higher reaches of Kashmir experienced fresh snowfall on Friday, even as rains lashed plains of the valley, an official said.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir's Baramulla district recorded about four inches of fresh snowfall during the night, the official said.
He said there are reports of snowfall in other areas in the higher reaches of the valley, including at Zojilla Pass, Amarnath Cave, Sonamarg and Gurez.
The official said the plains of the valley, including Srinagar, witnessed heavy rainfall.
The Meteorological Department has forecast light to moderate rain or snow in Kashmir and light rain or snow in Jammu and Ladakh regions over the next 24 hours. It said there was possibility of isolated light rain on Saturday, but the weather was most likely to remain dry till Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC Unlikely to Happen in Guwahati Due to CAB Protests
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Fact Check: Woman Winning Award in Viral Video is Not Hyderabad Rape Victim
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders