Kashmiri Driver Killed as Locals Hurl Stones at Truck Mistaking it for Security Force Vehicle: Report
The driver, who was hit on the head, was shifted to a hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Image for representation.
Srinagar: In a freak stone-pelting incident, protesters on Sunday evening hurled stones at a civilian truck in south Kashmir's Anantnag district, killing the driver, police said.
Mohammad Khalil Dar, who belonged to the same Zradipora Uranhall locality, was returning home when protesters mistook his truck for a security force vehicle and hurled stones at it. The driver, who was hit on the head, was shifted to a hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said.
Police said protesters have been hurling stones even at civilians and earlier this month, they injured an 11-year-old girl in the eye at downtown of Srinagar city. Director General of Jammu and Kashmir Police Dilbag Singh has directed officials to catch the culprits and ensure that stern action is taken against them, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws