Kashmiri Separatist Leader Asiya Andrabi Arrested
She is also a member of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference.
New Delhi: Separatist leader Asiya Andrabi has been arrested in Kashmir under the Public Safety Act, the PTI reported from Srinagar.
Andrabi is the head of Dukhtran-e-Millat, an Islamist separatist organisation, known for the diktats it issues periodically to the Valley residents on things she considers un-Islamic. She is also a member of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference.
Her role in creating provocation in the Valley had been a topic of discussion at the highest level as some of the captured militants have confessed earlier that video of her speeches are routinely shown at terror training camps across the Line of Control. There were reports that Lashkar militant Bahadur Ali, who is in the custody of security forces, had told investigators that he was shown her speeches as part of their indoctrination classes.
Andrabi is married to Ashiq Hussain Faktoo, a Hizbul Mujahideen leader, who is now in jail. It was not immediately clear under what provisions Andrabi has been booked, but there were reports earlier that Centre was mulling slapping of UAPA on her.
Recommended For You
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh-Sara Ali Khan’s Tere Bin Will Take You Back to Yash Chopra’s Romantic Songs
- Makdee Actor Shweta Basu Prasad Marries Boyfriend Rohit Mittal in a Bengali Ceremony, See Pics
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Have You Read What Saif Ali Khan Told Smriti Irani When She Moved to Mumbai 23 Years Ago?
- Laxman's 281 in Eden Test Saved My Career: Ganguly
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s