Kerala-based Author 'Suggests' Those Left out of NRC Be Put in Detention Camps After Sterilisation, Booked
A case was registered against author KR Indira under Section 153 of the Indian Penal Code for promoting enmity between religions and spreading hatred through social media, police said.
Kodungallur (Thrissur): An author, who allegedly suggested in a Facebook post that those left out of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), be put in detention camps after being sterlised, has been booked by Kerala Police.
A case was registered against her under Section 153 of the Indian Penal Code for promoting enmity between religions and spreading hatred through social media, police said. "We got a complaint, saying a post put up by one Indira on Facebook promotes enmity between religion and was spreading hatred through social media. We have started a probe," said an investigating officer.
The widely shared screenshot of the Facebook post, allegedly by Indira, suggests that all those who were left out of the NRC be put in a detention camp after being sterilised.
When some Facebook account holders countered her argument, she allegedly replied that contraceptive drugs must be mixed in drinking water for a particular community in order to control birth among them. Her post has since been deleted from Facebook.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's 2.0 Flops in China But Bollywood Can Avoid the Mistake
- Newton Trends on Twitter After Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Says 'Einstein Discovered Gravity'
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge