Kerala Cop Booked for Trying to Sexually Assault 17-year-old Girl in Train
The 38-year-old accused had tried to sexually harass her near Sasthamkotta while travelling in a Thiruvananthapuram-bound train two weeks ago, the police said. He has been on the run ever since the incident happened.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Thiruvananthapuram: A manhunt is on to trace a police officer who allegedly attempted to sexually assault a 17-year-old girl on a moving train in Kerala, railway police said on Wednesday.
The accused, identified as Dinshad, an officer under the Vigilance department of the state police, has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act based on the complaint of the girl, they said.
As per the complaint, the 38-year-old accused had tried to sexually harass her near Sasthamkotta while travelling in a Thiruvananthapuram-bound train two weeks ago, the police said.
A case was registered soon after she had registered a complaint with the railway police here.
"The accused, who was immediately suspended from service, is absconding now," a police officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead