Kerala Engineering Student Dies in Freak Mishap, Case Filed Against Bus Driver
Gayathri, a final year student of Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology here, was taken to a hospital where she died without responding to treatment, the police said.
Thiruvananthapuram: In a freak mishap, a college student was killed on Friday when she was dragged to a distance as her bag's strap got entangled in the open door of the bus while alighting from it police said.
Gayathri (19), a final year student of Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology here, was taken to a hospital where she died without responding to treatment, the police said.
A case has been registered against the bus driver and conductor under IPC section 304A (causing death by negligence), they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Prabhas and Raveena Tandon Dance on 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' on Nach Baliye 9
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce